WWE Survivor Series is one week away, and the next WWE pay-per-view is WWE TLC (tables ladders and chairs oh my). I will neglect my thoughts on the poor buildup to Survivor Series and say the point of this is to book Survivor Series to TLC. Here we go!
WWE SURVIVOR SERIES
ROCK & CENA over MIZ & TRUTH
I say Cena gets the win, Rock bottom on Cena to close the show. I think that’s what people want to see. Nevermind a heel turn from Cena to beat down the Rock… Fans won’t want to see Rock return and get beat down and Cena just came out with a new shirt, and he needs to sell it. I’d rather he make $$$ for the company.
DEL RIO over PUNK
Punk doesn’t need the belt. Screw job him over. Del Rio is your classic heel. You can have the ring announcer interfere, ref bump, plunder. Anything to keep Punk from getting the belt… if not have the ref wake up when Punk has a chair in his hand and call the match. Orrrrr you can really shock people by having a 30 minute time limit draw.
TEAM BARRETT over TEAM ORTON
It’s the Survivor Series, time for a shakeup. If this was Wrestlemania, I’d say the faces should beat the heels. In this case I say Heels win with Swagger and… other guy getting pinned (who is he?). Cody Rhodes goes over Orton, Christian over Sheamus, Swagger over Kofi, Barrett over Sin Cara and Mason Ryan.
MARK HENRY over BIG SHOW
Keep Henry strong, you didn’t just make him champion after a 4 month build to have him lose the belt. Plus Kane is coming back… just as the Big Show did.
ZACK RYDER over DOLPH ZIGGLER
I’m only thinking this match is on Survivor Series, since Zack Ryder has an online petition to get the title. Seeing as how his videos only get 200,000 views when he’s in the main event of RAW that has 3 million+ viewers… that’s not a positive. Since Survivor Series is at MSG not far from Long Island, Zack wins to make a star. That’s how WWE works sometimes.
WWE TLC matches and the buildups to them. There are 4 weeks between Survivor Series and TLC.
TLC MATCH >> DEL RIO vs CENA
Why? Cena won his match at the Survivor Series… and so did Del Rio.
How? Cena went over Miz & Truth by himself on RAW, and won the match on Survivor Series… but that won’t be good enough. Punk was screwed. So Punk vs Cena #1 contender. or… both men need to go through someone to get that #1 contender match.
– Week 1: Cena won… all hail Cena… he was Rock Bottomed… but since Rock won’t be here, he wants the next biggest fish and that’s the one with the biggest title. Del Rio. Who then comes out and says winning a tag match doesn’t get you a title shot. How about winning some singles matches like he did last night. Punk comes out. He knows he was screwed over. He wants a rematch tonight… GM John Laurenitus comes out, says Punk doesn’t make the matches. It will be Cena vs Punk for the #1 contendership… Cena over Punk. I’m sure we’ve all seen it before…
– Week 2: Non title: Alberto Del Rio over Kofi (without Evan). I think having Cena go over guys week after week would be meaningless. Alberto however it would be more competitive because he hasn’t been cemented. John Cena does commentary. After the match there is a scuffle… Brodus Clay rips John Cena out of the chair and destroys him. Puts him through a table and Del Rio applauds!
– Week 3: Del Rio appears to introduce his old apprentice, Brodus Clay. Non title: Alberto Del Rio over JoMo. Brodus stands guard with his back the match watching the entryway. Just stand there looking intimidating. After the match, John Cena challenges Brodus to a match next week in order to make sure that he isn’t a factor in his title match.
– Week 4: Cena over Brodus Clay. Afterward Del Rio and Brodus destroy Cena.
– TLC: Del Rio wins… with help from Brodus of course. It can setup a feud between Brodus and Cena.
CHAIRS MATCH >> MARK HENRY vs KANE
Why? Since Team Orton will lose… Kane returns to get revenge on the man that put him out.
How? Kane can mystery return, flames and all. He can get into Henry’s mind with caskets, fire and so on. Henry ain’t scared. He’s the champ!
– Week 1: Henry cleaned out the heavyweight division. He went over Orton, Sheamus, Bryan, Big Show. There’s no one left? Does he need to stack Sin Cara on top of Tyson Kidd to get a heavyweight challenger? Lights go off… crowd pops. Lights go red. Flames jet out of the ring posts. Henry isn’t scared.
– Week 2: Henry over Ezekiel Jackson. In the match, the lights go red and Henry still wins. Show yourself Kane! Stop with these games. Henry isn’t scared!
– Week 3: Henry over Ted Dibiase Jr. After the match in the celebration, lights go dark. Lights go red with Kane in front of Henry who is dumbfounded. Kane puts his hand on Henry’s neck and Henry bolts from the ring.
– Week 4: Teddy Long makes a match for TLC, Henry vs Kane for the heavyweight title. Since Henry injured Kane with a chair, it will be a chairs match! Henry is interviewed about Kane. He’s not scared. He looks forward to putting Kane back on the shelf. Henry and Kane have been around the longest out of anyone, but there’s only one man that has the longevity and that’s Henry.
– TLC: Henry over Kane, because Kane will be so motivated to hurt Henry he won’t bother pinning him! After the match Kane will continue to beat Henry!
PUNK vs KEVIN NASH
Why? Kevin Nash needs a debut match and he has history with Punk.
How? Punk loses his #1 contendership… Laurenitus makes the match. Or…. CM could politic, by GTSing the man who put COO on the shelf, Punk would get HHH’s favor… Nash can say the same thing, it’s about getting noticed, that’s why he hospitalized HHH.
– Week 1: Nash is ready to wrestle, he wants competition. JoMo is sent out to be slaughtered. We all love JoMo… feed him to Nash. If this was a JoMo vs Nash program, then Nash can get beat.
– Week 2: Nash promo… he wants a match. Enter Punk who can respect the fact that Nash took out the COO HHH… But this isn’t about revenge, this is about making sure that big lazy Kevin Nash doesn’t work and take someone’s spot that is more deserving. Nash says its business and when he goes over Punk, he’ll be in the title picture and Punk can go down to the US title or something. Laurenitus sends out security to prevent them from fighting.
– Week 3: Punk over McIntyre. Punk wonders where is Nash? GM John Laurenitus answers that Nash missed his flight. So Nash stays home and gets paid, while guys like Punk are wrestling week in and week out.
– Week 4: Punk over Swagger. Where’s Nash now? Did he miss his flight? Nash emerges unseed from the crowd, blindsides Punk, powerbombs him. Raises his arms, walks away.
– TLC: Punk over Nash when HHH returns.
KO CHALLENGE >> WADE BARRETT vs BIG SHOW
Why? Barrett is on a winning streak and show came back and has momentum.
How? Barrett will tout his winning streak and shun Big Show for losing his title.
– Week 1: Big Show needs to get in the title hunt again. Mark Henry refuses him. Show asks Daniel Bryan how much is the money in the bank title shot worth? Show has been wrestling in big time companies. He’s got some coin. $100,000… $200,000…. $500,000? He can’t go one million, his wife would kill him. Wade Barrett scorns Big Show for trying to buy something that he can just take, but even if he took it, he’d fail like he did twice in a row! They brawl.
– Week 2: Big Show over Jinder. Wade Barrett over Daniel Bryan (Money in the Bank doesn’t mean you get a year-long push). Show saves Daniel Bryan afterward.
– Week 3: Big Show over 3 jobbers (why not?). Wade Barrett over Ezekiel Jackson.
– Week 4: Wade Barrett issues a gentleman’s challenge to the big show. They have a KO Challenge on TLC. How novel. They both have 2 wins going into TLC. Wade was a bare knuckle fighter and Big Show has been known to knock people out with his punch.
– TLC: Big Show over Barrett. Since a heel has the belt, a face should go over.
SUBMISSION MATCH >> CHRISTIAN vs DANIEL BRYAN
Why? This match had a lot of incarnations… 6 man tag with Orton, Rhodes, Sheamus and so on. But to be honest. I don’t think anyone wants to see those guys again and again. I feel I could make people care about this match.
How? Someone takes the briefcase…
– Week 1: Daniel Bryan over Heath Slater. Big Show tries to buy Bryan’s money in the bank title shot. Bryan refuses.
– Week 2: Christian wonders why Bryan didn’t sell the title shot to Big Show? Daniel Bryan explains it for the millionth time. Christian mentions having a match for it… Bryan refuses. He went through hell for it. Christian laughs and says you’ll go through hell to keep it. Wade Barrett over Daniel Bryan with interference from Christian.
– Week 3: Daniel Bryan over Tyson Kidd… after the match Bryan looks for his briefcase its gone! Who took it? He assumes Christian and beats him senseless. Puts him in the Labell lock and Christian passes out and can’t tell Bryan where he hid it!
– Week 4: Christian comes out. He doesn’t know where the briefcase is. If Daniel Bryan agrees to give Christian a shot for that money in the bank at TLC he will find the briefcase for Daniel and bring it to TLC. Teddy Long shows up to amend the match… There will be no tables, ladders or chairs… or DQs or count outs… or pinfalls. It will be a submission match!
– TLC: Christian doesn’t show up with the briefcase… why? Because he didn’t steal it. Bryan goes over thus begins the push… The quest for the briefcase and who stole it.
LADDER MATCH >> KOFI & EVAN vs MIZ & TRUTH
Why? Not many tag teams… and Miz & Truth are the hottest heel tag team now which isn’t saying much.
How? Miz & Truth go on a tear through the tag division. Winning every week building to TLC.
– Week 1: Miz & Truth lost the previous night. They make an open challenge… answered by Santino & Goldust who get murdered…. saying Do you think this is funny???
– Week 2: Miz & Truth over JoMo & Alex Riley… two guys that Miz had tagged with and even Truth tagged with JoMo
– Week 3: Truth with Miz over Kofi… alone.
– Week 4: Miz & Truth cut a promo about how Evan hasn’t been on TV for a month. They’ve been beating teams left and right! They make a pay-per-view challenge. Kofi and Evan accept on one condition… if its a Ladder match!
– TLC: Your pick. Go ahead and pick.
DOLPH ZIGGLER vs ZACK RYDER
Why? Ziggler just lost the title to Ryder.
How? Ziggler goes on a killing streak to get his title shot.
– Week 1: Zack comes out to a celebration! Ziggler, Swagger and Vicki show up to rain on it. Ziggler wants his rematch tonight! Zack says start your own online petition and you’ll get one! Dolph & Swagger beat down Zack.
– Week 2: Zack over Drew McIntyre. Dolph over Alex Riley.
– Week 3: Dolph over Mason Ryan. Zack over JTG. Santino compliments Zack backstage on his victory. Then Swagger and Ziggler attack. Next week a tag match.
– Week 4: Zack & Santino over Swagger and Ziggler. Ziggler does not get pinned.
– TLC: Zack.